Drivers who hold an LGV license can expand their skills by acquiring a Vehicle Mounted Forklift Certificate, commonly known as a Moffett Mounty.
This qualification enables drivers to carry a forklift attached to the rear of their truck which enables them to load and unload themselves.
If you already hold a forklift certificate, a conversion course is 2 days to gain the additional knowledge and skills.
On completion of training, the course members will:
- Be able to operate the truck model used in training safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturer’s handbook and accepted good practice.
- Be able to attach the truck to a carrying vehicle and detach it form a carrying vehicle safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturers handbook and instructions and the relevant road traffic legislation.
- Clearly understand the causes of instability of the truck and loads
- Be able to carry a routine pre-use inspection of the truck
- Introduction to the truck to be used
- Controls and instruments
- Starting, moving & stopping the truck
- Steering the truck
- Operation of the hydraulic controls
- Pre-use inspection and takeover maintenance
- Weight assessment
- Handling pallets/containers/bulk packs/loads associated with the industry in which the truck is operating
- Driving on/off ramps and inclines
- Driving and operating over rough terrain
- Road vehicle loading and unloading
- Stacking and destacking
- Attaching truck to and detaching truck from the carrying vehicle
Certification and Validation
Candidates successfully completing this course will receive a certificate of training accredited by ITSSAR.