D1+E Removal of restriction

Pricing from £1,245.00

This package includes:

  • D2 licence application and D4 medical forms – The D2 form is to apply for your provisional licence and the D4 is completed by the doctor when you have your medical. Assistance in completing these can also be given.
  • Medical – Booked for you locally at a convenient time.
  • Theory revision issued – A login will be issued so you can start to revise your theory tests on our online revision site.
  • Multiple Choice and Hazard Perception theory tests booked – These will be booked at your local theory test centre at a time convenient to you. These can be booked individually or both together.
  • 4 days driver training including DVSA test – Each days training is 3.5 hours long on a 1:1 ratio with your instructor.
SKU: N/A Categories: ,
Learn more about minibus training

Category D1 minibus license is required to drive a vehicle with between 9-16 passengers for hire or reward.

If you passed your test before 1st January 1997 you already hold the Category D1 entitlement but with the 101 restriction of ‘not for hire or reward’!

If you want the 101 restriction removed so that you can earn money driving a minibus then you will have to take a Category D1 driving test.

Hire or reward encompasses any payment in cash or kind (or on behalf of) passengers which gives them a right to be carried.

If you passed your test after 1st January 1997 you do not have the Category D1 entitlement on your license and you cannot drive a minibus with 9 passenger seats or more.

Are you a teacher?
If you are a teacher in the private sector at a non-charitable school, you will need a full ‘D1? minibus license.

If you are a teacher in the state sector and drive under the CBPS, the area can be very complex and grey.

If you drive during school hours it can be considered as for payment. This needs a full ‘D1? license.

If you drive out of school hours it may not, however you are still teaching/supervising/have care and control therefore acting as a teacher you may fall back to the previous ‘during school hours’. Claiming the concession will certainly bring you to the notice of the authorities, especially if an accident arose causing damage or injury with the obvious risk of prosecution.

Also please check with your insurance company regarding the use of non – full ‘D1? license holders to see if cover will still be in force.

Once you have obtained your D1 license, you are then able to upgrade it to a D1+E, enabling you to pull a trailer.

Category D1E

You can drive D1 category vehicles with a trailer over 750kg MAM (maximum authorised mass).

The combined MAM of both can’t exceed 12,000kg